Neurocare Registered Charity No 1169762 -14 is part of Sheffield Hospitals Charity a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.10422654.
As part of Sheffield Hospitals Charity, Neurocare adheres to the same polices and procedures the privacy and data protection policy is stated below.
Sheffield Hospitals Charity is committed to protecting your personal information, whether you are a donor, volunteer, or fundraiser. This policy explains how the SHC uses the personal information you provide to us and that we collect, whether online, via phone, email, in letters or in any other correspondence.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning data protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use that information;
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the information you provide to us; and
If you have any queries about this privacy and cookies policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website or any of our services, or providing us with any personal data, you agree to your personal data being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this policy.
Who we are
We support NHS services delivered in Sheffield our registered charity number is 1169762.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, when you engage with our social media or message boards, make a donation to us, register for an event or otherwise provide us with personal information. When you register, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address and telephone number to store with your account.
We do not usually collect ‘sensitive personal data’ about our supporters unless there is a clear reason for doing so, such as participation in a marathon or similar fundraising event where we need this information to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in an event.
We may collect health information if you tell us about your experiences relating to a personal health condition; this will enable us to provide you with information about a particular area of the NHS in Sheffield that may be of interest to you.
In addition, if you register on our website then the following will also apply:
- All SHC websites collect personal information when you register with us.
- The website you sign up to will collect information such as your name, email address and post code. Once you register with that website you will not be anonymous to us when you subsequently sign in.
- As part of the registration process and continued use of SHC services, you agree that any registration information you give to SHC will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- We collect and retain information about your transactions with us so that we can process your transactions and deal with future queries.
Your debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, buy something or pay for a registration online or over the phone, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Find out more information about PCI DSS standards.
Only staff authorised and trained to process payments will be take your donation.
If you apply to work at SHC, we will only use the information you give us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. If we want to disclose information to someone outside the SHC, for example, if we need a reference, we will make sure we tell you beforehand, unless we are required to disclose this information by law.
If you commence employment with SHC, your data will be processed in accordance with your employment contract and other applicable policies.
How we may use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted;
- To process donations we may receive from you;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To create an account for you if you register with us;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have agreed to receive;
- For administration purposes (for example we may contact you regarding a donation you have made or the event you have registered for);
- For internal record keeping, including the management of any feedback or complaints;
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research (although this is voluntary);
- To analyse and improve the services offered;
- We may analyse the personal information we collect about you and add publicly available information to create a profile of your interests, preferences and level of potential donations so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information;
- We may assess your personal information for the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner. By subscribing to SHC emails or opting in to email communication from SHC, you grant us the right to use the email for both email marketing purposes and advertisement targeting. We may also send you service communications via email or text, for example when you have made a donation by text.
If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work, how we raise funds and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You may opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in at the end of our marketing emails, and can opt-out of receiving marketing texts by sending us an “opt-out” text message, following the instructions we provide you in our text.
You can also change any of your contact preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes by telephone, or by post) by contacting us on 0114 226 7351 or emailing email@example.com. We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Information sharing and disclosure
SHC may share your information with our data processors. This would include our trusted partners that work with us in connection with our charitable purposes, and other entities that act as fundraisers for SHC, sell SHC products or provide SHC information and marketing (subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures). We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into contracts with all of our data processors and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with SHC policies and procedures.
Rest assured, we will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect the SHC, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
Where we may store your information
Keeping your records
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed onto your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely used to improve the performance of a website, for saving different options and to provide website owners with information on how the site is being used.
Internet browsers (such as but not limited to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari) will allow some control over most cookies through their settings. You will need to refer to the operating manual or review the settings of your browser software to identify what cookies are on your device and how to remove them.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. Please do not assume that other sites abide by our privacy standards.
Your ability to edit and delete your account information and preferences
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can edit your SHC account information, including your address and contact details at any time. If you would like to change your preferences or update the details we hold about you other than online, please contact us on 0114 226 7351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification.
We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website(s). By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Complaints, compliments or comments
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, we want to know about it. We also welcome your views on what we do well. Your comments enable us as an organisation to learn and continuously improve our services. Please get in touch with us.